The 2023 season of Habitat 67 guided tours is underway!
New dates will be announced each month until October/November 2023.
Again this year, the doors of Habitat 67 are open to visitors for tours of Montreal’s architectural icon. Located in the Cité-du-Havre, facing the Old Port, Habitat 67 offers breathtaking views of the city and unparalleled architecture. Tickets for the May tours are on sale now for $50 (taxes/fees included). The 90-minute tour will allow you to discover the various spaces of the complex, including the walkways, the pedestrian streets, one of the residential units and the suspended terraces of this internationally renowned heritage complex. Tours will be held through the fall of 2023 and future tickets will go on sale based on availability. Subscribe to the newsletter for announcements.
Book your tour in English
Did you know?
Youth under 12 years of age accompanied by an adult may visit Habitat 67 free of charge (as long as tickets are available). A unique family outing combining history, geography, architecture, design, physics and...geometry! Booking mandatory
Book your tour in French
During the 90-minute visit,both in French and English, visitors will get an inside look at the exceptional vision behind the Habitat 67 project and its unique modular design. Once again this year, Moshe Safdie’s unit, fully and meticulously restored in 2018, is part of the tour. Taking advantage of Habitat’s unparalleled location and terraces, visitors will enjoy the sights of the city from a different perspective.
A giant inhabited work of art
Recognized as a heritage site by the City of Montréal in 2007 and by the Québec government in 2009, Habitat 67 is a giant work of art, symbolizing the modernism and hope of Expo 67. The 354-block complex has a community of 300 residents in 148 apartments with 1 to 4 blocks.
For 55 years this year, Habitat 67 has marked the Montréal landscape and Moshe Safdie’s first creation continues to influence architecture worldwide. Habitat 67 guided tours allow the public a closer look at this exceptional building while learning about the context of Expo 67 and the challenges inherent to building such an architectural work.
About the Habitat 67 2023 visits:
- Tickets for the May 2023 tours are already on sale for $50 (taxes/fees included). des visites de mai 2023 sont déjà en vente au coût de 50$ (taxes/frais inclus). Tours will be held through October 2023 and future tickets will go on sale based on availability. Subscribe to the newsletter for announcements.
- Reservations are required, there will be no tickets available on site. Ticket sales are final and non-refundable.
- Habitat 67 being a residential building, sanitary measures are in place. Check out all the health measures in effect at Habitat 67 at the time of your visit.
- Préparez votre visite avec notre FAQ, directions to Habitat 67 as well as the Homage section.
- The Dieppe Park parking lot is open again this season but we cannot guarantee parking spots. In addition, a BIXI station has been added adjacent to Habitat 67.
Other news - Habitat 67
Return of the Habitat 67 tours in May 2023
Once again in 2023, Habitat 67 opens its doors to the public! Book your tickets now at habitat67.com!
Job opportunity: guide at Habitat 67 (Season 2023)
Passionate about history and Expo 67? Join our team of guides for the Habitat 67 guided tours, from May to October 2022.
“I used all the Lego blocks in Montreal” – Moshe Safdie
LEGO blocks played an important role in the design of Habitat 67. Review the original models and Lego reconstructions.